The Pundit Lab+ is an ultrasonic pulse velocity (UPV) test instrument which is used to examine the quality of concrete. This has all of the features of the Pundit Lab plus an extended feature set, making it particularly suitable for on-site measurements. The new functions include, an integrated gain stage making an external amplifier unnecessary when using long cables or exponential transducers, a real time stamp for recording the time of measurement, a data review list that allows previous measurements to be viewed on site, and a correlation to compressive strength either directly from pulse velocity or in combination with a rebound value (SONREB method).
New features in Pundit® Lab+
Integrated gain stage;
Removes the need for an external amplifier when using exponential transducers and long cables.
Compressive strength measurement;
Conversion curves for strength estimation can be created in the software and uploaded to the instrument to give instant strength estimations on site.
Combined estimates with rebound hammer;
SONREB curves may also be uploaded onto the instrument for improved compressive strength estimates in combination with rebound hammer measurements.
A real time clock has been integrated to provide a time stamp to every measurement recorded. Review list; Saved measurements may be reviewed directly on site without the need for a PC connection.
Pundit Plus Features
- Integrated waveform display
- Remote control: A USB connection and the Pundit Link application
allow full remote control of all features of the ultrasonic test
equipment Pundit Lab.
- Open interface: full remote control of the instrument is also possible with third party software
- Direct data logging on the PC
- Multiple Power Supply Options: the ultrasonic test equipment
Pundit Lab runs on battery supply, mains supply via AC adaptor and can
also be powered from a PC via the USB connection.
- Wide range of transducers: The ultrasonic test equipment Pundit
Lab supports a wide range of transducers from 24 kHz up to 500 kHz,
making it suitable not only for concrete and rock, but also for other
materials such as graphite, ceramics, woods, etc. Exponential
transducers for rough surfaces and shear wave transducers for estimation
of dynamic modulus of elasticity complete the portfolio.
- waveform visualization and analysis turning your PC into an oscilloscope interactive adjustment of trigger point
- on-line data acquisition
- full remote control of the instrument instrument including programmable data logging functionality
- export of data to third party applications
- creation of conversion curves for compressive strength (exponential, polynomial)
- creation of SONREB curves for combined (ultrasonic/rebound value) estimates of compressive strength
Transit time measurement Range0.1 – 9999 µsResolution0.1 µsDisplay79 x 21 mm passive matrix OLEDTransmitterOptimised energising pulse 125V, 250V, 350V, 500V, AUTOReceiver
Selectable gain steps1x, 2x, 5x, 10x, 20x, 50x, 100x, 200x, 500x, 1000x, AUTOBandwidth20 kHz – 500 kHzMemoryNon volatile, > 500 measured valuesRegional SettingsMetric and imperial units supportedCompressive strength unitsMPa, N/mm2, psi, kg/cm2Power Supply
Battery4x AA batteries (>20 hours continuous use)Mains5v, <500mA via USB chargerPC5v, <500mA directly via USB cableMechanical
Dimensions172 x 55 x 220 mmWeight1.316 kg (incl. batteries)Environmental conditions Operating temperature-10° to 60°C (0° to 140°F)
Humidity<95% RH, non condensing